Wednesday, 20 November 2013

Welcome to the Blogosphere


“Blogging isn’t about publishing as much as you can. It’s about publishing as smart as you can.” 


As a self-confessed social media addict, it's somewhat surprising that I am yet to dive into the realm of blogs.  I find the task of collecting my thoughts in a concise and coherent manner rather tiresome.   Capturing my thoughts and daily activities in a picture is more likely to occur for my fundamentally lazy self.  

In essence, my introduction to the blogosphere is a forced attempt of my educational journey through social media studies.  However forced, I still find the topics within social media rather compelling in this 'modern' day and all the underlying theories.

Within three weeks I have learned that social media can be an effective educational and informative tool but also a dangerous artificial realm where narcissism and cyber bullying can fester.  Aside the bullying I'd be guilty of a few rather narcissistic acts of the 'selfie'.  

Blogging is my latest topic.  At this point in attempting to complete my first post, I am already out of ideas.  Either because I've moved on into a new topic and am yet to complete thorough reading of 'blogs' or because I really just don't like the idea of having to write about it, ask me to talk about it and I'm all for it.  Maybe 'video blogging' would be more suited to my personality type.  

Either way, I can understand that a blog is a website that contains entries (posts) in reverse chronological order (latest posts appearing first) about almost any topic your little internet heart desires. Blogs also typically include comments and links to increase user interaction within the blogosphere.  Today, most blogs appear as online diaries for bloggers due to the internet evolving as a more social medium.  

Regarding Jon Morrow's quote - let's hope so!



2 comments:

  1. I'm with you Lori on the difficulty of 'collecting my thoughts in a concise and coherent manner rather tiresome' !! Here's hope we can only get better. Great background image.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha 'forced' repetition makes perfect? Let's hope so. Thanks the background is a default but I liked it. Do you have a link for your blog? Couldn't find it through the discussion group :(

      Delete